At a glance. Up to date.
Dear PASKAL friends,
after you already got a first impression of the new PASKAL version at the "opti", the update to PASKAL 3D 3.0 is finally here! Version 3.0 has been available on the App Store since Tuesday, February 6, 2018. Please be sure to update both the iPad App and the Apple TV App.
New 3D modules for adults and children
PASKAL 3D Kids&Teens
Specially adapted to the needs of children from six and up - with funny sand figures and water balls, so that even the little ones have more fun with the eyeglass determination.
Requirement is Apple TV 4
PASKAL contact lens module
The new development offers interesting special tests especially in the multifocal contact lens fitting.
Requirement is Apple TV 4
PASKAL 3D 3.0 - what else is new?
For example, the beach background is now available with water balls to make PASKAL even more summery. For further small changes, please refer to the detailed version information.
Here you will find detailed version information about the new PASKAL 3D:
PASKAL 3.0 Update Info. pdf
▶ HOW TO START PASKAL 3D VERSION 2.3.0?
- Open the App "PASKAL 3D" on the Apple TV.
- Open the App "PASKAL 3D" on the iPad.
- In the top right corner of the screen you will find the available Apple TVs with their names. By clicking on one, you select the Apple TV you wish to control.
- Wait a short moment until the button turns green. The selected Apple TV and the iPad are now connected to each other.
- Once an iPad is connected to the Apple TV, the start-screen changes and the welcome text is displayed. The text at the very bottom of the screen shows the installed version, the licence and the iPad connected (in green).
- Now you can start and control PASKAL 3D as usual.
- To de-connect the iPad from the Apple TV, press the green "Apple TV Button" again. The button turns white again, and one of the Apple TVs listed can be selected for control.
YOU USE TWO OR MORE PASKAL 3D UNITS?
Please follow the instructions below to set up the multi-device support correctly for running PASKAL 3D.
- Give your devices a unique name - this makes the assignment easier.
On the iPad you find this function via:
Settings > General > About > Name
On the Apple TV you find this function also via:
Settings > General > About > Name
- Open the "PASKAL 3D“ app on the Apple TV.
- Swipe down on your Apple TV remote control.
- The following menu is displayed on the Apple TV.
- Use the Apple TV remote control to navigate to "Connection".
- Select "Multi Device Support":
a) Briefly press on the touch area of the Apple TV's remote control to select ON or OFF.
b) Select ON.
- Swipe up on the Apple TV remote control to close the Apple TV Menu.
- Open the "PASKAL 3D" app on the iPad.
- Select Settings > Connection.
- Activate "Connect to multiple screens".
- Go back to the start screen.
- Swipe up on the iPad display to open the control centre.
- Swipe down to close the control centre.
- Repeat these settings in your second / third refraction room (all Apple TVs and controlling iPads should run the same Version 2.3.0 and should have the same connection settings).
- In the top right corner of the iPad's PASKAL 3D start screen you will find the available Apple TVs with their names.
- Select the Apple TV you wish to control by pressing the appropriate button.
- The button turns green, and on the selected Apple TV, the connected iPad is also shown in green.
- Now, also select the Apple TV in the second refraction room.
- The Apple TV button on the iPad that corresponds to the connection in the first refraction room has now changed its color to red.
This means that this Apple TV is controlled by another iPad and therefore is not available for selection.
- Press start to begin the test series as usual.
- To terminate the connection between iPad and Apple TV, press the "green Apple TV button" again on the iPad. Button turns white, and this Apple TV is free again.
WHO SHOULD ACTIVATE "MULTI DEVICE SUPPORT"?
- All users working with two or more Apple TVs. The connection is far more stable and the tests are displayed quicker.
- All users who are unhappy with their Bluetooth connection.
- Restart both apps after making changes to the connection settings.
- If you work with several Apple TVs, one system can run with MDS ON and WLAN and the other with MDS OFF and Bluetooth. In this case, the systems don't "see" each other at all.
▶ WHAT ELSE IS NEW?
Step by step explanation of the Apple TV Menu functions.
- Open the Apple TV Menu:
By swiping down on the touch area of the Apple TVs remote control.
You are now in the Info (as highlighted in the topmost line of the menu). Here, the device info of the Apple TV are shown. If an iPad is connected to the Apple TV, it will also be shown with its name here.
To select Connection, swipe to the right on the touch area of the Apple TV remote control. In the connection screen, you can set connection preferences, security settings and restore connections.
In the Registration screen, you can now register the Apple TV licence directly at the Apple TV.
- NEW CONNECTION OPTIONS:
"Multi Device Support" is the new recommended connection technology if more than one Apple TV is to be used (follow the detailed setup as described above). Navigate to this entry and press shortly on the touch surface of the Apple TV remote control to switch this mode ON or OFF.
"Secure Connection" is a new security stage within this connection. If this function is switched ON, the Apple TV will ask you again, if you really wish to allow this iPad to connect to the Apple TV. By this function an unwanted "external control" by an unknown iPad can be prevented.
Please use this function only if you really have problems with unknown devices.
"Reset default settings" brings back the default values. These are: MDS OFF, Secure Connection OFF. It also erases the list of iPads which have the right "always allow" on the Apple TV.
By pressing "Restart Connection" the connection between iPad and Apple TV will be renewed. This function is also helpful, if an iPad has been connected which is no longer in the same room.
- REGISTRATION DIRECTLY AT THE APPLE TV:
The registration of a new licence for Version 2.3.0 or higher, can now be done directly at the Apple TV. Please make sure that the Apple TV is connected to the internet before you start.
- Swipe down on the Apple TV remote control to open the Apple TVs menu and navigate to "Registration".
- Navigate to "User name" and press once briefly on the touch area of the Apple TV remote control.
- An input field opens. Enter your user name.
- Confirm your entry by navigating to "Next" and pressing the touch surface of the Apple TV remote control briefly.
- The password input field opens. Enter the password and click on "Done".
- Now, the contents in user name and password are displayed. Navigate to "Registration" and start it by briefly pressing the touch area of the Apple TV remote control once.
- You will immediately receive a message whether or not the registration has been successful.
- Confirm by clicking on "OK“.
- Swipe up to close the Apple TVs menu.
- Close the Apple TV app completely and start it anew.
Remark: If the registration has not been successful, the error codes will give you an idea of the reason. Example: "No free licence for customer number XY available".
Of course, you can still run the registration via the iPad as usual. However, a connection between iPad and Apple TV is required for this. Also, the Apple TV must have a connection to the internet.
- Registration via the iPad:
- Make sure that the Apple TV has a connection to the Internet.
- Open the PASKAL 3D App on the Apple TV and the iPad.
- Connect the devices by pressing the Apple TV button.
- Select Preferences > Registration on the iPad.
- Enter user name and password.
- Now press the button "Register on Apple TV":
The login data are transferred to the Apple TV and the registration started automatically.
Carry out the registration directly at the Apple TV. This prevents the process from getting interrupted by unstable connections between iPad and Apple TV.